ASK YOUR HEMODIALYSIS PATIENTS ABOUT
THEIR REPORTED CKD-aP SYMPTOMS
On the surface, CKD-aP may be just an itch. But for hemodialysis patients living with CKD-aP, the consequences are much more.
Discover how CKD-aP may impact many aspects of your patients’ lives.1,2
CKD=chronic kidney disease.
- Sukul N, Karaboyas A, Csomor PA, et al. Self-reported pruritus and clinical, dialysis-related, and patient-reported outcomes in hemodialysis patients. Kidney Med. 2020;3(1):42–53. doi:10.1016/j.xkme.2020.08.011
- Rayner HC, Larkina M, Wang M, et al. International comparisons of prevalence, awareness, and treatment of pruritus in people on hemodialysis. Clin J Am Soc Nephrol. 2017;12(12):2000–2007. doi:10.2215/CJN.03280317
- Ramakrishnan K, Bond CT, Claxton A, et al. Clinical characteristics and outcomes of end-stage renal disease patients with self-reported pruritus symptoms. Int J Nephrol Renovasc Dis. 2014;7:1–12. doi:10.2147/IJNRD.S52985
- Verduzco HA, Shirazian S. CKD-associated pruritus: new insights into diagnosis, pathogenesis, and management. Kidney Int Rep. 2020;5(9):1387–1402. doi:10.1016/j.ekir.2020.04.027
- Millington GWM, Collins A, Lovell CR, et al. British Association of Dermatologists’ guidelines for the investigation and management of generalized pruritus in adults without an underlying dermatosis, 2018. Br J Dermatol. 2018;178(1):34–60. doi:10.1111/bjd.16117